Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Released: May 12, 2009
Published By: Simon & Schuster
Number of Pages: 391 (U.S. Hardcover) 
Synopsis:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life. (From Good Reads)


Review:
Hush, Hush takes a deeper look at Angels, fallen and heavenly, but it leaves out all the Godly Bible stuff. This book gets five stars for me, because not only did it have me hooked by the first chapter, but very few books get me so intrigued that I read them in one day. The characters were lovable, especially Patch, and every once in a while, I would get the chill that Patch would give Nora. Although, I have to say that in the beginning Elliot seemed like a really compatible character for Nora as well. (I won't go into detail about the characters anymore, because it will ruin the book) The only character I did not like very much was Vee, even though she seems like a great best friend, I found her really annoying. The writing was amazing too, especially for a first time writer (Although a lot of author's are like that...) and I love the font of the text. (I sometimes only get books for either their cover, or for the font : ) Speaking of the cover, it's amazing...I love it! Hush, Hush is definitely a great read for when it's cold outside, or rainy, any day where it's not sunny because this book leaves a cold, mysterious chill in your spine that begs for more of this series.

Teaser:
"When we got outside, I stared at the Neon for a long moment. It wasn't a warm night, but the weather wasn't the cause of the goose bumps rippling over my arms. No smashed driver's-side window. No bend in the door. 'Something's not right,' I said"
              -Page 55  

Rating:

Plot: 20/20
Characters: 20/20
Writing: 20/20
Originality: 20/20
Cover: 10/10
Ending: 10/10

Total: 100/100=A





No comments:

Post a Comment